[joomla] A Category got indexed and it's in blog format

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:25:08 EST 2013

This is a odd problem. I noticed a search engine picked up a link to the
website where it's a link to a Category in Blog format. The odd thing is
the entire website has nothing in blog format nor is anything intentionally
linked to a Category.

The link looks like this example:

http://example.com/8-primarycontent

There is indeed a Category with an id of 8, and it's name is "primary
content".I went to Global and there is only LIST or BLOG for a Category,
but in reality I don't want either I don't want this accessible at all. Is
there a way to prevent this page from being served? Or is this something
Joomla just does and this was a terrible way to find out about it? :-)
Thanks!

David Roth