[joomla] Main Menu and sidebar menu

Helvécio da Silva helvecio.rj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 06:05:48 EST 2014

Hola Marcos,

You can avoid duplicate URLs in Joomla by using a menu item type called
*alias*.

First you create your regular menu itens in the Main Horizontal Menu.

Example:

NEC
> MODEL X
> MODEL Y
> MODEL Z

IPTOMY
> MODEL X
> MODEL Y
> MODEL Z

Then, you can create for each area a separate menu using *ALIAS* menu item
type instead.

You will have two menus in different positions - main menu and secondary
menu - pointing to the same URLs.

Best