[nycphp-talk] Warning: Page has expired!!

Jim Hendricks jim at bizcomputinginc.com
Thu Aug 1 10:53:41 EDT 2002

One warning, by enabling cacheing to eliminate the browser message you may
be allowing the user
to see invalid data.  The normal reason for disabling all caching is to
force the browser to requery the
server to ensure that the dynamically created page contains the most up to
date data.  Use of the
back button on the browser or use of history in the browser allows pulling a
page out of the browsers
cache, no query is sent to the server.  If the browser sees that a page in
it's cache is expired, you get
that warning which indicates it needs to requery the server.

Jim