[nycphp-talk] DSL ISP Help

jonathan jonathan at hirschman.net
Thu Dec 12 15:32:46 EST 2002

I'm currently using bway.net.

Pros:

* They have a very liberal TOS. I'm hosting several low-volume servers
currently, no issues.

* They will (in my case, anyway), agree to put in a reverse DNS value of
your choosing. Very good for mail apps.

* Speed and reliability are generally good.

Cons:

* Cost. Very expensive - $100/month for what you're looking for.

* No 24x7 support. If your connection goes down at night or weekends,
you'd better hope that someone is checking the messages. I've had a couple
of lengthy outages with them.

I'm pleased overall, but may shop another provider once my year ends
(which is this month). I'm looking at pilosoft.com, who gets a lot of
thumbs-up from the NYLUG folks.

jonathan