[nycphp-talk] Please review this: Simple localization with PHP

Emmanuel. M. Decarie emm at scriptdigital.com
Sun Dec 22 11:56:25 EST 2002

À (At) 11:15 -0500 22/12/02, Adam Fields écrivait (wrote) :
>On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 09:40:19AM -0500, Emmanuel. M. Decarie wrote:
>>  ¿ (At) 16:03 -0500 20/12/02, Adam Fields Ècrivait (wrote) :
>>  >Just another note - the source listings are completely unreadable
>>  >using Opera.
>>
>>  Hello Adam,
>>
>>  I'm not sure if you are using Opera on Windows. But the source
>>  listing at <http://scriptdigital.com/divers/gems/setstring.txt>
>>  display correctly with Win/Opera 7. What I noticed though is that
>
>I'm using Opera 6.05 on Windows, on a 1024x768 laptop screen.
>
>>  when saved to disk, the end of line of the file are jammed when
>>  viewed with Notepad and the source listing display as one very long
>>  line. I tested also with Explorer 5 which do the right thing. All my
>>  testing are done in Virtual PC running Windows 98.
>
>They're formatted correctly, just very small, and very light grey. If
>you care about this, you might want to use something other than
>"<pre>".
>
>--
>				- Adam

I'm using "<pre>" as a workaround of a CSS bug in Explorer 5 that
doesn't recognize some font properties, but I don't remember exactly
which ones. Also, the listing is not suppose to be grey. The listing
is in dark blue and on  Win/Opera 7, its not small. Your the first
one to complain about this.

The class that I use for <pre> is this one:

.code1
{
   color: #00008B;
   font-family: monospace;
   font-size: smaller;
}

Can you set in your prefs in Opera the minimum size of the fonts. Are
other seeing what Adam is seeing.

I'm not a designer by profession and just recently learned CSS.

Cheers
-Emmanuel