[nycphp-talk] PHP in production on Microsoft IIs

jessica kelly jkelly at sussex.cc.nj.us
Mon Dec 23 10:09:36 EST 2002

> Eventually, both IIS and Cold Fusion will be gone, I just need to work
> around some of it for now and we only have one production server at the
> moment to mess around with. I would really like to know if the
>phpisapi.dll is relatively stable, and would like to hear if anyone has actually used
>it in a production environment.

Alan,

I use the module on a apache server 1.3.xx on a Win Advanced Server 2000 and it is a bit flaky at times. It seems to just stop working. The site does not get a lot of hits and the PHP seems to crap out when you need to enter info into a MySQL DB. This doesn't happen often but about once a week and is frustrating the person entering the data (myself also!).

I have been told to avoid using the module from persons on this list (Thank's Daniel!) because of this and am currently trying to get it to work as CGI on my test server then I'll switch the other server over.

Jessica