[nycphp-talk] PHP in production on Microsoft IIs

Alan T. Miller amiller at hollywood101.com
Mon Dec 23 04:13:05 EST 2002

No one has as much contempt for Cold Fusion and IIs than I do, but at this
point I simply do not have an option but to deal with it. I am working on a
production site that I simply cannot deconstruct overnight. There are some
pressing matters that need to be addressed, and I am working to rewrite
those parts of the site now in PHP, rewriting the rest will follow suit, and
in a few weeks, we will be moving everything over. But I was just hoping fo
some pointers to reduce the amount of problems that may come up when running
PHP on a high volume IIS server and perhaps prevent any known issues.

Believe me, I fully understand. It is not that I am hesitant to rewrite the
site, as I am doing that, I just have too much to do, and cannot wait until
I have rewritten the site before I impliment some PHP code into it.

Alan