[nycphp-talk] bsd apache php mysql help

Ophir Prusak ophir at prusak.com
Mon Dec 30 11:04:15 EST 2002

Hi Shawn,

3 options.

1. Do a lot a reading / trial and error. Sounds like that's what you're
trying to get away from.
2. Download and install (and eventually buy) a package like ensim
(www.ensim.com) , plesk (www.plesk.com) , or cpanel (www.cpanel.net) . These
are packages that allow you do %99 of your web hosting sys admin needs via a
web browser interface. Most of them have a trial version as well.
3. Find a sys admin who will do the work for you in exchange for
access/usage of the machine.

I myself have been toying with the idea of a dedicated server myself for a
while.
I'm curious as to who you picked and why.

Thanx,
Ophir