[nycphp-talk] bsd apache php mysql help

bit5hift at ethernet.tk bit5hift at ethernet.tk
Mon Dec 30 11:11:25 EST 2002

For installing most of the stuff you can use the FreeBSD ports, that simplifies
installing and upgrading software quite a bit.

Setting up the users and stuff:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/users.html

Sendmail:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sendmail.html

Apache virtual hosts:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/index.html

If you get stuck you can contact me off list and I can see if I can help you.
Though you'll probably find enough help in #freebsdhelp on EFnet or the
httpd.apache.org Documentation and FreeBSD handbook.

Hope that's been helpful. G'luck. :)

On Mon, 2002-12-30, Shawn Lawyer wrote:
> i've been a php developer for years and at several points i've had access to dedicated servers with sys admins that were friends of mine, now that's not the case since i just moved to the new york area. okay here it goes. i got tired of having to build scripts to perform tasks on site that could be handled much much better if my hosting co. would just would just make a few minor changes to php.ini. example sessions in a database and not a file in the tmp dir . to work around this i had to spend hours creating a session script myself not even touching php sessions. so finally i broke down and got a dedicated server. now i just realized why i left this up to people basck home. please help. i have no idea where to begin. i need to add users, create virtual hot accounts, install ming and other php extensions, install mysql, config ftp, etc...
> i'm freaking out here, cause i'm trying to follow a book i got, but it jumps around to much to be clear. oh, php, apache, ftp, sendmail, it's all there and installed on freebsed 4.7
> thank you,
> shawn lawyer

F u cn rd ths u cnt spl wrth a dm!

Web site (with key):  http://ethernet.tk/bit5hift/
GPG key fingerprint:  562E 9C20 1122 907C A7AB  AA6A 601C 6920 9909 58B3