LiquidClassifieds 0.7.0 now available

Liquid M3 liquidm3 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 18 15:04:15 EDT 2002

If this software package catches fire, maybe someday I can hire PHP
programmers (there are quite a few enhancements I can envision)...a nice
dream.  Maybe someday there will be world peace too.

Features
1) Fully automated. Users can register (via PostNuke), post, edit, and
delete without your involvement.
2) Side block (so every page of your PostNuke site can show the ads)
3) Unregistered users can post, but cannot edit ads.
4) BBCode support
5) Categories
6) Easy to remember URLs like
http://www.liquidmarkets.com/?name=liquidclassifieds,
http://www.liquidmarkets.com/?name=liquidclassifieds&cat=forsale, and
http://www.liquidmarkets.com/?name=liquidclassifieds&cat=forsale&id=1
7) Supported fields: title, body, state, city
8) Anonymous posting. Posters don't need to reveal their identities.
9) Registered users do not need to reveal their e-mail addresses. The person
responding to the ad can fill out a contact form and then the system, which
knows the e-mail addresses of registered users, will send an e-mail.
Unregistered users should supply phone numbers (recommended) and/or e-mail
addresses (not recommended because of spambots) in their postings.
10) Sorting by last modified timestamp
11) Modular design (only important for enterprise edition purchasers) - the
same infrastructure was used to build journal, organizer, and cronmail.
12) Ownership re-assignment for un-registered postings. If an unregistered
user posts an ad, and then a registered user edits it, it's ownership will
be re-assigned to the registered user.

Limitations
1) Only two permision levels: registered user and unregistered user. There
probably ought to be an admin level as well. All registered users have
admin-like privileges - registered users can create new categories and edit
or delete posts made by unregistered users.
2) No "paging." If you have 1000 listings in one category, the program will
display all 1000 listings on the same page - it won't split the listings up
into separate pages.
3) Slightly quirky user-interface
4) Not hierarchical (no support for sub-categories).

Pricing
Two versions are offered:
a) Standard edition: (includes obfuscated source code, installation help and
7 days of support). Pricing is still being worked out, but will be in the
hundreds of dollars. The code is designed to work with PostNuke, but can be
adapted to work with PHP-Nuke, phpBB, etc. - though this may cost a little
extra. Single domain name license - ask if you need to use the software with
more than one domain name.
b) Enterprise edition: (includes unobfuscated source code, installation
help, and 30 days of support). Pricing is still being worked out, but will
be in the thousands of dollars. Single domain name license - ask if you need
to use the software with more than one domain name.

Contact me for prices.

Checkout
If you'd like to buy a license, contact me. If you need extra features, let
me know - we may be able to work out a deal. I'm also willing to consider
barter arrangements. If you're interested in the software, but deterred by
the price, let me know. If I can sell the software in large volumes, I can
charge less.

Ted
LiquidMarkets
Financial data and free classifieds