[nycphp-talk] Client v. Server side scripting

Jim Hendricks jim at bizcomputinginc.com
Fri Jul 19 17:35:10 EDT 2002

hear hear!

That's the big problem of todays development environments.  I need to know
HTML, CSS, XML, JavaScript and a bunch of other 3 letter acronyms for the
client, PHP/ASP/ASP.net/JSP/Java/Servlets/Cold Fusion/Perl/C or any other
poison of choice on the server sprinkled with SQL( many flavors depending
on the target server ) as well as enterprise distributed techs like Corba or
EJB.

Just one small internal project I'm working on uses HTML, CSS, JS, PHP,
mySQL.  All for just 1 small project.  Sheesh.

Jim