[nycphp-talk] Creating file for download on the fly?

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Jul 26 11:59:00 EDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 10:15:20AM -0400, Freedman, Tom S. wrote:

> I've
> figured out how to create a .csv file, and I could, theoretically, create
> one every time someone runs a query, save it in a temp directory, and
> include a link to it on the webpage.

I suggest using tab delimiting rather than comma delimiting.  They're
easier to handle.

Also, there's no need to create a temporary file.  Just have your script
display the desired output in the browser.  Folks can save it from there.

The header() stuff folks passed along is handy, too.

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution