[nycphp-talk] PHP.NET webmasters

Adam adam at ecamp.net
Tue Jul 30 16:51:00 EDT 2002

I was judging based on a report that was given in regarding the PHP
webmasters telling someone they should learn to read and other such
insults because someone was having trouble navigating their GUI.
I can very easily see a upper level tech deciding to try out a php
implementation of a project at say Morgan Stanley, or another big firm
and having some trouble on the website.  This person emails php.net and
gets berated... Now this person who may have converted is now just
pissed off and will probably solve his problem with another means.  Be
it that he uses PHP still, or just tells his boss that it's not worth
working with PHP because the support is so bad...

It's just not professional to have this attitude, especially if you are
an underdog.  In business, image comes way before quality... sadly
enough.  I know this point can be argued, but marketing works. Well.