[nycphp-talk] PHP.NET webmasters

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Tue Jul 30 21:23:21 EDT 2002

Every one I've talked to that is anyone major with PHP or Zend has seemed
decent and helpful as long as I didn't ask stupid questions. They seem to
follow the rule that every other large project follows.. ask the right
person the right question. High level people get bombed with tons of
questions, suggestions, dumb ideas, good ideas, etc and tend to get tired.
Sometimes they will respond in ways that aren't really nice (and sometimes
they apologize especially if you prove not to be an idiot) but you just
have to remember that they are frequently exhausted and grumpy from
spending so much time doing what you really want them to be doing anyway.
Coding, writing docs, etc. ;) Try asking someone further down the chain.
If it needs to come to the attention of someone higher you'll typically be
directed to the right person. Works that way in almost any large project.

Don't dream it. Be it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org/projects/