[nycphp-talk] single entry point

Benjamin Stiglitz ben at tanjero.com
Wed Jul 31 12:41:25 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at 09:50  AM, Mike West wrote:
> This is quite right and accurate im my experience. Building objects
> has, in my experience, been even more helpful than a single entry point.

I definitely agree. This is what we tried to achieve here at Tanjero
with Jawa. The beauty of using objects in the concept of inheritance.
Normal page functionality is inherited from base classes. As long as the
public interface doesn't change, it doesn't matter how we implement any
one feature; if we want our pages to be output in WML instead of HTML,
we only have to change it in one place. Authenticated pages are a just a
subclass, etc...

Of course, objects aren't very useful without planning. The first thing
we did was create a class map, which has now become a terrifying graph
of objects will all sorts of lines connecting objects. Easy it wasn't;
however, it's paid off quite a bit.

Thank you,
Benjamin Stiglitz
Tanjero