php4 mod garbled?

Nunez, Eddy enunez at tiaa-cref.org
Thu May 16 11:56:22 EDT 2002

API module structure `php4_module' in file /home/apache/libexec/libphp4.so
is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I compiled Apache 1.3.24 and PHP 4.2.1.  Seems that Apache doesn't like the
SO.  I tried various configurations but I get the same result everytime.

The very same .so file loads up fine when I load it up with the previous
installation?!  But I cannot use it, I am required to recompile the httpd.

Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks!
-Ed Nunez

PS: please disregard the text at the bottom of my emails, it's appended
automatically by my company.

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
TIAA-CREF