(no subject)

Jerry Wing jwing at www.erols.com
Fri May 17 12:27:41 EDT 2002

I am developing for myself a database application that carries job
related information for the internet - my own small business.  I have
developed scripts for adding and deleting a record, but the script for
update record does not work.  The add record script adds values to all
the fields of a record, and the delete record script deletes whatever
record is selected.  I think the database columns are okay since they
work with these two commands.

The script for the update record consists of three separate scripts.
The first script selects the record to be modified.  The second script
displays the fields of the record on the screen.  The third script does
the modification with the UPDATE statement.

The script that selects the record and the script that displays the
field information for the record work fine.. the script that modifies
the records does not.

I copied the script from PHP Essentials, written by Julie Meloni.

If someone would be willing to work one on one to look at the three
scripts (record selection, record display, and record modification, i
would greatly appreciate it.....I would like to e-mail them to you as i
do not have a server to post them on, or I can send them by icq or
irc.... here is the third script that is not working (i get no error
message... apparently it is executing but--------:

<?php
If ($var2=="Return To Admin Home Page"){
	header("Location:index.htm");
	exit;
}elseif ($var1=="Modify Database"){

		$connection = mysql_connect("localhost", "jwing", "xxxxxxxx")
  			or die ("Couldn't connect to server.");

		$db = mysql_select_db("jwing", $connection)
			or die ("Couldn't select database.");

$sql = "update jobs
set
KEYWORD1 = \\"$keyword1\\",
KEYWORD2 = \\"$keyword2\\",
KEYWORD3 = \\"$keyword3\\",
KEYWORD4 = \\"$keyword4\\",
KEYWORD5 = \\"$keyword5\\",
COMP_ID = \\"$comp_id\\",
SHOW_DATE = \\"$show_date\\",
JOB_CAT = \\"$job_cat\\",
JOB_LOC = \\"$job_loc\\",
JOB_TITLE = \\"$job_title\\",
JOB_DESC = \\"$job_desc\\",
JOB_SALARY = \\"$job_salary\\",
FIRST_NAME = \\"$first_name\\",
LAST_NAME = \\"$last_name\\",
AD_EMAIL = \\"$ad_email\\",
CNTCT_EMAIL = \\"$cntct_email\\",
USR_NAME = \\"$usr_name\\",
P_WORD = \\"$p_word\\",
AD_PHONE = \\"$ad_phone\\",
CNTCT_PHONE = \\"$cntct_phone\\",
AD_FAXPHONE = \\"$ad_faxphone\\",
WEB_SITE = \\"$web_site\\",
CCNAME = \\"$ccname\\",
CCNUMBER = \\"$ccnumber\\",
MONTHEXP = \\"$monthexp\\",
YEAREXP = \\"$yearexp\\",
CCTYPE = \\"$cctype\\",
STREET1A = \\"$street1A\\",
STREET2A = \\"$street2A\\",
STREET3A = \\"$street3A\\",
CC_CITY = \\"$cc_city\\",
CC_STATE = \\"$cc_state\\",
CC_ZIP = \\"$cc_zip\\",
TRBLFONE = \\"$trblfone\\"
where job_id = \\"$job_id\\"";

$sql_result = mysql_query($sql) or die (mysql_error());
echo "
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY background=\\"rimmabg.jpg\\">
<FORM METHOD=\\"POST\\" ACTION=\\"jl2s1s.php\\">

<input name=\\"var1\\" value=\\"Return To Admin Home Page\\"
Type=\\"submit\\">

</form>
</BODY>
</HTML>