[nycphp-talk] Help Request

Jerry Wing jwing at www.erols.com
Mon May 20 11:19:13 EDT 2002

Hans, thank you for your help... the problem is in the UPDATE statement
and the fact that the variables $keyword1, $keyword2, etc, in the
statement have no values.  IOW the values that are in the text boxes in
script 2 where the current data is are not carried to script 3 where the
UPDATE statement is located when the modify table button is pressed.
You know Hans, I have successfully updated records with this form of the
UPDATE statement just yesterday with a small test table i wrote, and
when i go back and try it with the table I am using and it does not
work, i.e. the values of the variables are not passing from the second
to the third script, i wonder if my browser is screwing me up... I have
netscape 4.5 that i am running....I will try $HTTP_POST_VARS[xxx] and
see if i can pick up the values in the array when the second script is
submitted.  Thanks Hans for your help on all this and on getting me onto
the forum where i can get assistance.  Jerry