[nycphp-talk] XMLRPC or SOAP

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Mon May 20 11:14:02 EDT 2002

The main issue is that XMLRPC is so much more simpler than SOAP but gets
alot less press and hype ... so if/when you decide to build a web service
the odds are that most of the clients connecting are going to be expecting
a SOAP Envelope and if you are XMLRPC they are not gonna get it ... so keep
the "client market" in mind ...

I had this problem with the Alicebot stuff, deciding what is more useful
since I did not need the types of SOAP (remember SOAP has a wide variery of
types compared to XMLRPC) so if you are working with something more
complex, you really should use SOAP ...

And to create a simple XML envelope structure is really not rocket science
... +1 for SOAP ...

- Jon