wikis, phorums and blogs, oh my! WAS: Last night's notes?

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Thu May 23 23:18:08 EDT 2002

Hi Charles and others,

I threw up phpWiki at http://dev.nyphp.org/wiki.  It is the raw
install, so it's looking for someone to play with.  I'll give the admin
password to anyone who wants, or if multiple people want to play with
it, I can setup other instances easily.

I've also installed Phorum (great package) at
http://dev.nyphp.org/phorum.  As above, it is the raw install and
looking for some attention.  I can also setup multiple instances if
more than one person wants to play with it.

I tried setting up phpWeblog (http://phpweblog.org) but it is junk as
far as I can tell, so it's not working (http://dev.nyphp.org/weblog).
Maybe when they release their "final" version (any other PHP
implementations of this?)

If anyone knows of other programs they'd like to see setup to play
with, let me know.  Right now I can't do Perl stuff because of the
server setup.

I really don't know much about how these things work (I'm still not
sure the real difference between a weblog and wiki) so I'd like someone
to play around with these.

I don't want to have too many seperate systems going for communication,
but at this initial stage I feel that it will be best to have multiple
software possibilties up, and then they can be refined and whatever
people like the best we'll keep.  So, multiple people are welcome to
work on any number of these packages, or others.  Just let me know what
needs to be setup/changed.

Let's move this discussion to NYPHP Development (so don't just hit
reply!)

Thanks,

Hans Z.