FW: [nycphp-talk] Installing ZendStudio_Server. Anybody know how?

Zeev Suraski zeev at zend.com
Fri May 24 11:04:13 EDT 2002

Guys,

I got forwarded this letter, and I want to try and gain as much as possible
from it, in terms of improving the installations so that they fit
everyone's needs.  I just want you to know that the guys @Zend are really
not Redhat-centric, and that installations get tested on most of the big
distros.  It's impossible to support them all, but we do try :)

One thing I firmly believe in is that 'assumption is the mother of all
mess-ups' (that's the G rated version) - in this case, we assume that
everything's fine because we don't get bug reports, and you assume that
we're aware of these problems and feel frustrated that we don't care about
them enough to fix them.  In reality, apparently, there are problems, but
we're not aware of them, and the result is negative...  Sorry for the short
lecture :)

As for the problems with the installation, the Perl script, assumptions
that you believe we make erroneously, unclear questions - please let me
know about them.  I promise that we'll do our best to fix them in the next
release (which is coming out very shortly).

Thanks,

Zeev