[nycphp-talk] Message Boards

Jim Musil jim at nettmedia.com
Fri May 31 10:47:44 EDT 2002

I have a problem with hotscripts.

Currently there are 125 scripts listed under "Discussion Boards." The system
allows for anyone to join and write reviews of their own products (or trash
other products). Anyone can post a script from first-time solo developer to
experienced team. All the scripts are essentially the same, but there is no
way to tell if a product is secure, tested, and stable. Just because some
developer says it's version 2.2.3b doesn't mean it wasn't put up last night.

I've also found intentional "bombs" and "black holes" in these scripts that
do nasty things.

Granted, most of the developers are probably ok, but how am I supposed to
know who is legit and who spent four hours last night "faking" it?

Jim