Message Boards, Phorum

Jim Musil jim at nettmedia.com
Fri May 31 10:51:46 EDT 2002

>From Phorum.org...

Phorum.org Hacked
Category: Web Site News    Written by brianlmoon at 8:23pm on May 19, 2002

Yes, the phorum.org server was hacked using the known and fixed security
bugs in Phorum 3.3.2a and before. The good news is that we did take some
precautions and all that could be done is to delete the files in the web
dir. The bad news is that the language files and our past poll results are
gone. The irony is that I had a script ready to go that would backup all
that stuff. I was waiting until tonight to put it in.

Current Phorum users should know that anybody should upgrade if at all
possible. If you used the secure script or followed the install instructions
to the letter, you are probably safe. All of the files used in this hack
would be protected by the .htaccess files that the secure script creates.

If you have a language file, please upload it.