PHP include() and isset()

Michael Forte fortemj at clarkson.edu
Wed Nov 13 14:23:56 EST 2002

Hello, in an Windows environment using PHP 4.2 I would like to point out that even if the allow_url flag is turned on you still cannot use

include("http://www.what.com/what.inc");

It does not work. I get an error stating that the include cannot be found.

Also, the isset() function does not work on a windows server. You can click submit and it just refreshed the page. I have also tried using !empty() and it does not work either. These are important functions to my school work and I would like to know if there is a fix to correct this problem.

Thank you,
Michael Forte

Clarkson University Student
Server Admin