[nycphp-talk] bsd apache php mysql help

Shawn Lawyer shawn at shawnlawyer.com
Tue Nov 19 09:21:41 EST 2002

Morning All,
i agree with what was said below about being a developer or a sysadmin, it's
the same comparison with being a graphics designer or a developer. what you
may be over looking is the benefit of at least knowning the tools the
designer(s) use, because you will then understand the needs of the
designers, and how to comunicate with people who often have so idea what you
are saying. you see i'm not trying be as sysadmin because i am a programmer,
i just need to be able to have more control over the enviroment then i have
with a shared hosting account. i care nothing about many sectors of being a
sysadmin, security being the one issue i have no time to deal with. as i say
do what you're good at and the rest will follow.