[nycphp-talk] MySQL/PHP Certification Questions ...

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.org
Tue Nov 19 09:12:35 EST 2002

--- Jon Baer <jonbaer at jonbaer.net> wrote:
> While this seems like a pretty cool course:
>
> http://www.mysql.com/training/courses/developing_dynamic_webapp.html
>
> I don't see it coming to NYC soon which is sad :-(

Looks like a great course, but hopefully as the East's visibility increases
with PHP-Con and such, more will be offered here (*hint* *hint* :).

> In recent months
> seems like nothing in the way of PHP certification or MySQL
> certification has been made, or has there?  I have been unemployed for a
> while and going for wireless security certifications to see if that can
> spruce up my resume but Id like to do Linux+ as well but is there
> anything yet for LAMP?
>
> What is Sair Linux/GNU certifications consist of?

I had looked into Sair a year or so ago, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I
think it's pretty well died out.  RedHat is the money maker for Linux these
days, especially since the partnership with Oracle/Dell.

Hans