LinkPoint PHP Wrappers & CC processing -- Any Comments?

Wellington Fan beef at interport.net
Fri Oct 4 13:00:01 EDT 2002

Hello All,

Has anyone used the LinkPoint PHP Wrappers? What do you think?
http://www.linkpoint.com/product_solutions/internet/inet_index.html

How about:
Verisign's Commerce Site Pro (Includes Site Cert for SSL)
iTransact's RediCharge
iBill's Processing Plus Gateway

I'm building an online store w/ CC processing, and need a lot of control
over the transcation so I can update the inventory db, etc. For my part, I
want as little development hassle as possible -- of course, I have to
balance that against my client wanting to pay as little as possible.

Something that makes a feature/$ comparison even more difficult is the
difference in the pricing structure for these services:
Verisign - $1395/year
iTransact - $295/setup + $300/year (+ Thawte Site Cert for $150/year)
iBill - $0.25/Transaction (~$900/year?) (+ Thawte Site Cert for $150/year)

I'd guesstimate about 300 transactions/month, which would make iBill
$900/year

Anyway, any thoughts about any of these services in terms of ease of
development would be appreciated. Please post to the list.

TIA!

--
Wellington Fan