[nycphp-talk] Scaling LAMP Architecture

Ophir Prusak prutwo at onebox.com
Thu Oct 10 19:10:39 EDT 2002

You should read the database showdown article in eweek:

In a recent database (feb 2002) benchmark test performed by Ziff Davis Media
Inc., the company behind PC Magazine, eWeek and other well-known
publications, MySQL stands out as a winner. MySQL is presented as having the
overall best performance and scalability along with Oracle9i. Also, MySQL
excelled in stability, ease of tuning and connectivity. Considering pricing
and ease of use, this further strengthens MySQL as being the database server
of choice for price-efficient, high-performance web use.

The databases tested were: DB2 7.2, MS SQL Server 2000, MySQL-Max 4.0.1,
Oracle9i 9.0.1.1.1 and Sybase ASE 12.5.0.1.

Read more about the benchmark test in eWeek: