[nycphp-talk] Scaling LAMP Architecture

Larry Chuon LarryC at indexstock.com
Mon Oct 14 14:28:43 EDT 2002

Hi folk,

Thank you for all the inputs on this subject.  They have been very helpful.
There are many ways to skin a cat.  As my team begins to plug open-source
applications together to build our "ossuite" (tm) package, we compromise on
time, best practice, and efficiency due to restraint on the resource.  If
all conditions exist, specifically resource [time, money, people, place,
etc.], we would have built everything from ground up.  Even with that, the
new app needs to be "scalable" enough to meet the rapidly changing business
requirements - which means ossuite needs dynamic workflow.  Instead, we
decided to integrate existing apps [NOLA and osCommerce] because we don't
want to reinvent the wheel.  It has been a very challenging and exciting
experience.

Soon, we'll integrate Relata and [Relatamail or PHPList] to ossuite.  We
hope SME (small medium enterprise) will enjoy this new free software.  We'll
launch the demo site soon.

We live, learn and share.  Write me if you guys want to collaborate with our
development process.  Upside compensation plan will be available for serious
players.

Regards,

Larry Chuon
http://ossuite.org/