[nycphp-talk] Can I ask a DHTML question

bruce at mtiglobal.com bruce at mtiglobal.com
Wed Oct 23 10:13:07 EDT 2002

My experience with javascript is when you click a button to execute a
javascript function to output HTML it will refresh the page.

You could try creating the page with multiple textboxes with only the
first one visible and if they want to add more then add it by making the
next one visible; this would also include the text as well.  Not sure if
text can be switched between visible and not visible (visible = true /
false), probably though would use the text color as long as the background
was a single color.

Of course the drawback with this method is that you would have to have a
finite set of textboxes . . .  but you could always add another button
that would allow the user to enter "more".

Hope this helps.  I'm just trying to give a quick answer based on what I
can remember.

- Bruce