PHP Form handling with mutipart/form-data

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Tue Sep 3 03:18:04 EDT 2002

I know that PHP uses $HTTP_FORM_VARS associative array variable (or $FORM
too I think I forget), however, can PHP use these variables if the form
submitted was of type multipart/form-data?

E.g.

<form method=post action=blah.php enctype=multipart/form-data>
<input type=file name=file>
</form>

How would PHP handle a form such as this, where you would be uploading
files?

Phil