Internationaliz/sation - JSP vs. PHP

bruce at mtiglobal.com bruce at mtiglobal.com
Thu Sep 26 06:05:53 EDT 2002

I'm going to work on a site for a friend's translation company.  His
company translates technical documents in 30+ asian/european languages.
The site will be to market his company in different countries as well as
have services for his translators.

I've just begun to look through the tutorial on internationalization at
java.sun.com as I begin thinking on the architecture of this site.  Is
there any similar documentation/tutorial online for php?

Do any of you have experience developing multilingual web sites?  If yes,
have you used JSP, PHP, or any other technology for this?

Would like to know the pro's and con's between using these technologies
for a multilingual site.

Thanks.

- Bruce