[nycphp-talk] Internationaliz/sation - JSP vs. PHP

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 10:41:56 EDT 2002

--- bruce at mtiglobal.com wrote:
> I'm going to work on a site for a friend's translation company.  His
> company translates technical documents in 30+ asian/european
> languages.
> The site will be to market his company in different countries as well
> as
> have services for his translators.
>
> I've just begun to look through the tutorial on internationalization
> at
> java.sun.com as I begin thinking on the architecture of this site.
> Is
> there any similar documentation/tutorial online for php?

There's a mailing list dedicated for the project:

And the project itself:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-i18n/

> Do any of you have experience developing multilingual web sites?  If
> yes, have you used JSP, PHP, or any other technology for this?

I haven't done this sort of thing on this scale, but I have played
around with the php.net/recode functions a bit and some of the
different encodings.  I know that there's a few people on this list
that have used the internationalization before, too.