[nycphp-talk] MySQL & 2.5 million rows!

Jim Hendricks jim at bizcomputinginc.com
Fri Apr 11 11:34:13 EDT 2003

You may want to save time and not move the data around at all.

The idea would be to have 3 tables all structured the same each named
uniquely.  Start by loading up table 1, then in the application point the
data to table1.  When doing the next import, detect that table 1 contains
the live data so use table2 to import the data.  If the data imports
correctly, change the app to point to table2, table1 now becomes your old
data.  Next import table 3 becomes your import, then live, table 2 becomes
old, table 1 gets emptied ready for next import.  Next import, 1 becomes
import then live, table 3 becomes old, table 2 gets emptied ready for next
import.

Hope you get the idea.

Jim
Jim Hendricks, President, Biz Computing, Inc
Phone:  (201) 599-9380     Email: jim at bizcomputinginc.com
Web: www.bizcomputinginc.com
Snail:  Jim Hendricks,  Biz Computing, Inc.,  255 McKinley Ave, New Milford,
NJ 07646