[nycphp-talk] Windows Command Line

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Fri Apr 25 16:29:55 EDT 2003

--- "Sexton, David" <dsexton at ubspw.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble running a script from the command line on WINNT4.0
> - The script runs fine via HTTP requests, but when I try to execute
> the same script via the command line, a MSSQL connection fails.

When you run from the command line, there are a few things that might be
different:

1. Different user. I know very little about Windows, but I think it might only
have the root user, so this might not be an issue for you.
2. Different environment. Even if you're executing the script as the same user,
your environment may be different. For example, many databases (Oracle, for
example) have environment variables that indicate where the client libraries
reside.

Hope that gives you some ideas. Someone more familiar with Windows can probably
help you more.

Chris