[nycphp-talk] eating cookies in IE on XP?

Brian Pang bpang at bpang.com
Fri Aug 1 14:03:27 EDT 2003

Does anyone know of an issue with (php) cookies in IE on XP (at least I
think it's XP, it's not my machine, it's a remote client's) where if the
cookie's expiration is set to sometime in the past it is still somehow
returns true for
isset($_COOKIE['foo']);

It doesn't happen to me with Mozilla/Linux and I don'to have an XP box
to test with.

I'm guessing that I if I have to, changing the value of the cookie to a
string I can check, like $_COOKIE['foo'] = "EXPIRE", will be a
reasonable workaround.

Thanks....