[nycphp-talk] eating cookies in IE on XP?

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Fri Aug 1 14:28:28 EDT 2003

--- Brian Pang <bpang at bpang.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an issue with (php) cookies in IE on XP
> (at least I think it's XP, it's not my machine, it's a remote
> client's) where if the cookie's expiration is set to sometime
> in the past it is still somehow returns true for
> isset($_COOKIE['foo']);

Do you understand how cookies work? If you answer yes, then I can skip a whole
bunch of questions. :-)

If not, at what point after "setting" the cookie's expiration date to an
expired date are you checking for its existance?

Chris

=====
Become a better Web developer with the HTTP Developer's Handbook
http://httphandbook.org/