[nycphp-talk] [Fwd: Invitation to participate in Apache J2EE efforts]

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Tue Aug 5 19:33:55 EDT 2003

this is probably one of the bigger reasons for my switch to php, the fact
that there is no rather expensive certification procedure for any apps u do
build, much of the dictation on items u wanted to build into an enterprise
app had to wait for finalization from sun (a rather long time for some apis)
and then go through the j2ee process.

id really wonder how all the other companies which did have to license j2ee
to the max feel about this ... (http://java.sun.com/j2ee/compatibility.html)

not to mention the fact that php folks would not have to send a nice letter
:-)

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/vendorltr.html

i still think java is a solid well rounded robust language, but im not sure
i agree w/ the j2ee process.

- jon

pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47