[nycphp-talk] libxml in PHP 5

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Tue Aug 12 14:46:15 EDT 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Analysis & Solutions wrote:

> I was thinking that the new XML parser would necessitate scripts use
> different function calls.  Or will the main functions and behavior remain
> the same, but only the library be changed?

The plan is to make the libxml switch seamless and not require any
changes in your XML code.

> If the functions will indeed be different, is there some place to find
> docs about these new procedures?  They don't have to be great, just give
> me an idea of how to start hacking something simple.

PHP 5 will also have the SimpleXML extension. I believe the C code in
the CVS is also the documentation. (Source code: The ultimate documentation.)

-adam

PS: Sterling is actually banging the drum on lots of this. He'll know
more than I.

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!