[nycphp-talk] OT: click thru count?

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Tue Aug 12 16:52:57 EDT 2003

Brian Pang wrote:

>My question, at long last, Is there anything that would show in his logs
>that a user clicked the banner to an external link?

Only if the click sends the browser to a redirection script on his site,
or at the ad server site (which sends him logs).
There could also be some kind of javascript onclick event that tracks it.

But I think your hunch is right-- if you've only got 20 instances of an
HTTP_REFERER from his site in your logs, there's probably only been 20
clicks, and certainly not 5000.

    chris.