[nycphp-talk] php scalability

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Aug 13 22:01:42 EDT 2003

Lee:

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 04:30:04PM -0700, Lee Semel wrote:

> How would you set up load balancing and failover on a PHP site? Is there
> any particular way you would design the application up front to make
> this easier?  I'm interesting in hearing your suggestions.

I'm no expert on massive deployments, but from what I understand, the load
balancing has to do with routers and other traffic management
software/hardware.  The scripting language on each server operates
independently, processing the requests that have been directed to it's
server.

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/