[nycphp-talk] 2 hour EMERGENCY HELP!

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Mon Aug 18 13:42:48 EDT 2003

Try to rewrite it using absolute paths rather than relative, then check
and recheck directory permissions. If PHP is moving a file somewhere,
the target directory must be writeable by "nobody" or whomever the
webserver runs as.

Whenever I need to do that kind of thing I set the group ownership of
the target directory to nobody, then chmod 770. I figure it's a shade
better than world-writeable, but not much.

Lately I've been trying to move files around with FTP instead so that
they have the proper ownership, but that's a whole other ball of wax.

    chris.