[nycphp-talk] if mysql_query() produces an error....

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Thu Aug 21 17:04:24 EDT 2003

...is it not true that mysql_error() will persist?  I have a case on a site where the admin enters a new user and, for some reason, does it wrong, producing a mysql_error() instance.  If they try to, again, enter this user immediately after the error is shown, mysql_select_db dies.

I am thinking that this can be resolved by clearing mysql_error() immediately after the error is reported.  How can that be done, or am I way offbase here?

Thanx
Phil