[nycphp-talk] PHP project from Hell Story

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Fri Aug 22 14:59:41 EDT 2003

See below!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Aaron Fischer
  To: NYPHP Talk
  Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 2:57 PM
  Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] PHP project from Hell Story

  1. You did, but you also said if he had Illustrator. Maybe he is thinking he needs to buy Illustrator as well?

  He has Illustrator and doesn't want to use that because he says it wants to "keep it simple" for his clients.

  2. Another option:
  He can output them directly to html from Word. Word creates the page and a folder to hold the images and an xml file. If he FTP's the page and the folder to a directory it will work. No renaming necessary. I just did it, took me under a minute.

  He doesn't want to FTP either.  I suggested that and he refuses stating that it's more work than he wants.  He wants it so that the HTML file, images and all, go at once to the same server, embedded as if they were the original .doc file.

  3. Of course, you could build him a form page that lets him type in some text and upload the image file and write the php which creates the html page upon submission...

  Nixed that too.  He wants a single upload.  He doesn't want to do any more work because it's "out of scope" with what he wants.

  -A