[nycphp-talk] MySQL table optimization

Jeff jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Thu Aug 28 10:18:41 EDT 2003

I have a particular table that has a very large number of deleted
records (and approx. 500 records are deleted and added each day). The
MySQL docs note that running an "Optimize" statement will clean up this
potentially fractured file. However, I believe I had read somewhere (of
course...don't ask me where "somewhere" is...I don't remember) that
there is the potential that the table itself can become corrupted after
running optimize. Is this true? And if it is true, how can I detect, via
code, that a table has become hosed?

Jeff