[nycphp-talk] Encrypt/Decrypt without MCrypt

Christopher R. Merlo cmerlo at ncc.edu
Mon Dec 1 10:57:21 EST 2003

On 2003-12-01 10:44 -0500, Brian Pang <bpang at bpang.com> wrote:

> Ideally, one wouldn't have to re-interpret the code, but at least you
> would know that there's a bunch of crap in there you can ignore.

What I meant is, it will be very hard to debug, maintain, and add new
features later, if you obfuscate the code *on purpose*.  Lots of us do
that anyway, by accident.  :)

> Comparing an MD5 sum stored in a DB also won't reveal what the
> stored/encrypted data is, which I think is what was being sought here.

Yeah, I realized that after reading Jeff's last e-mail.  Jeff, it
sounds like mcrypt is the way to go.  Can it become available to you?
In other words, can you get the site admin to install it?

--
  cmerlo at ncc.edu             http://turing.matcmp.ncc.edu/~cmerlo

Recursion, n:
  See recursion.  See also tail recursion.