[nycphp-talk] PEAR (was: ..we don't need no stinkin security!)

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Dec 4 22:17:19 EST 2003

Heya:

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 05:58:44PM -0500, David Mintz wrote:

> What does anyone else think of PEAR?

I've been using the DB package for the ST Parser sports data project,
because I want my program to run on lots of different DBMS's.

This package in particular is good, and with a bit of touch up work, could
be great.  I have tried, and continue try, to contribute to it.
Unfortunately, the developers could do a better job of listening,
accepting submissions and answering a few obscure, but key, questions
which would help me help them.  I think I'm close to getting some
improvements in there.

Fortunately, there are some energenic new people involved.  Plus, each
package has a different maintainer, so mileage may vary.  Also, a new
governing body has been established to help coordinate/plan things.
Standards for documentation and other things have been put in place, which
is great.

Well, that's all for now,

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/