[nycphp-talk] security? we don't need no stinkin security!

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Fri Dec 5 11:27:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Tim Gales wrote:
> Is it fair to characterize your response as:
>
> 1) Not modular (too interconnected)

Help out a comparative beginner here. Why is interdependency a bad thing?
If A, B and C depend on Y, it means they are all (re-)using Y, which leads
-- does it not? -- into the virtuous circle of code re-use: code getting
used, bugs getting discovered, followed by bugs getting fixed, leading to
more robust code, hence more re-use.

Yeah, I can see where parsing and loading 2500 lines of code of which you
only need %10 is a performance hit in an interpreted language, -- leaner
and meaner equals faster. But doesn't hardware evolve in the direction of
faster, and isn't PHP itself's performance being improved so that it's
ever faster at loading PHP code?

Thanks.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?"

                Sopranos 24:17