[nycphp-talk] PHP bulletin board, a new order, suggestions?

invisiblemute geek at invisiblemute.com
Fri Dec 5 19:19:35 EST 2003

   > From: Chris Shiflett <shiflett at php.net>
   >  --- invisiblemute  wrote:
   >  > Sorry if I missed the beginning of this conversation (just joined),
   >  > but does phpBB have serious problems, limitations or security holes
   >  > that I'm not aware of?
   >
   >  It's slow, the code is a mess, and it is a frequent visitor of Dan's
   >  Security Focus PHP vulnerability updates.
   >
   >  It looks good, though. :-)
   >  Chris

Crap! After hunting high and low that's what I went with for a recent project. I agree, it does look really nice and skins very easily.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a product that functions like YahooGroups. Bulletin boards are nice but I think it's a fabulous idea to mesh with listserv like behavior. Has anyone come across something like this? Or better yet is there a solution that would seemlessly integrate with a product like EZMLM (I know I'm hoping for a lot here). Thanks.

i'm'