[nycphp-talk] OT: Free HD to a good home (Ultra SCSI-3)

invisiblemute geek at invisiblemute.com
Sat Dec 6 01:26:33 EST 2003

Was given a HD but haven't been able to use it. Can't bring myself to just toss it so please give a shout. Would be happy to meet up with anyone in person to give away for free, preferably around 32nd, 14th, or 110th near Mt. Sinai.

It has a weird connection with what I am guessing the power contacts on either side of the SCSI connection instead of a Molex (?) connector like most drives. So I'm guessing this drive came out of a portable unit and would need such a housing.

- - -
Quantum Atlas II
Atlas II 3.5-inch, 7200 RPM hard disk drives are top-performing devices that meet the needs of high-end storage subsystems, video servers, and workstations. The drives offer high capacity and feature the most advanced technology for exceptional performance and higher areal density. Atlas II drives have the industry's fastest seek time for a 9.1 gigabyte (GB) drive at 8 (milliseconds) ms. The drives are offered with an Ultra SCSI-3 interface.

Storage Capacity: 4.5 GB
Average Seek Time: as low as 8.0 ms
Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
Interface Options: Ultra SCSI-3
- - -

Disclaimer: This wasn't my drive and I've never used it or tested it. I make no guarentees on whether or not this thing works. I only pray that there isn't some weird crap on there like twisted porn or illegal junk. Please promise me that the first thing you'll do is format it. It could be infected for all I know.